In this program, you will have the opportunity to get a glimpse of some of the top emerging digital technologies such as Internet-of-Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain and Cloud Computing, by experiencing how technology-based startups are born in a digital economy.
This course is not about how to write a business plan and the end result is not a PowerPoint slide deck for a VC presentation: it’s a hands-on learning experience on the basics of technology and how it can be used to build a startup: provide value for customers with a scalable and repeatable business model. Our aim is to provide you with an entrepreneurial experience with all of the pressures and demands of the real world.
At the end of each day, there will be a technology showcase session where you will be able to play with technologies like IoT devices, natural language processing, digital manufacturing, web technologies, etc.
This program was specifically designed for Law students, that want to apply their expertise in the digital economy, to help them understand how these technologies work and the impact that they will have on their professional future.
- Day 1 – Internet of Things/Opportunity discovery
- Design thinking for disruptive digital business ideation
- Dive into Internet-of-Things
- IoT technology showcase.
- Day 2 – Artificial Intelligence/Customer segments
- Dive into Artificial Intelligence
- Customer jobs, pains and gains
- Sketch solutions
- Natural language processing technology showcase.
- Day 3 – Blockchain/Value proposition
- Dive into Blockchain
- Value proposition using digital technologies
- Value-customer fit
- Digital manufacturing technology showcase.
- Day 4 – Cloud Computing/Prototyping:
- Dive into Cloud Computing
- Storytelling: lights, camera, action
- Minimum viable product
- Web technologies showcase
- Day 5 – Show and Tell
- Preparation of pitches and videos
- Final lessons learned rehearsals
- Final lessons learned: team presentations
- Jury feedback and certificate ceremony
Monday to Friday, from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
This program is taught in English
Prof. Luís Caldas de Oliveira (Program coordinator)
Prof. António Grilo (Internet-of-Things)
Prof. Arlindo Oliveira (Artificial Intelligence)
Prof. Miguel Correia (Blockchain)
Prof. Luis Guerra e Silva (Cloud Computing)
Diogo Henriques (Technology showcases)